- 1 * gas turbine
- 2 * diesels
- 2 * shafts
- (CODAG) 30,000 kW
- GENESIS CMS
- SMART-S Mk2 search radar
- Sonar, GPS, LAN, ECDIS
- UniMACS 3000 IPMS
- X-band radar, Fire control radar
- Aselsan ARES-2N
- Others: Laser/RF systems, ASW jammers, SSTD
- 1 * 76 mm (3 in) OTO Melara Super Rapid gun
- 2 * 12.7 mm Aselsan STAMP guns
- Anti-surface missiles: 8 * Harpoon Block II SSM BB
- Anti-aircraft missiles: 21 * RAM (PDMS)
- Torpedoes: 2 * 324 mm Mk.32 triple launchers for Mk.46 torpedoes
- S-70B Seahawk ASW helicopters
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)
TCG Büyükada (F 512) is the second ship of the Ada-class ASW corvettes of the Turkish Navy. TCG Büyükada was named after Büyükada Island. Büyükada Island is part of the Prince Islands archipelago in the Sea of Marmara, to the southeast of Istanbul. Its sister ship is TCG Heybeliada.
Designed, developed and built by the Tuzla (Istanbul) Naval Shipyard as a part of the MILGEM project, it was laid down on 22 January 2008, launched on 27 September 2011, and commissioned on 27 September 2013.
In 2015, she completed a three-month voyage, visiting ports in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Sudan and Djibouti. She was involved in the successful evacuation of 55 Turkish citizens from Yemen.