- 4 * MAN 18VP185 Diesel Engines
- 4 * Diesel Generator
- Combat Management System (CMS)
- Navigation Systems
- Navigation Data Distribution Unit (NDDU)
- Sonar System (Hull Mounted Sonar)
- Air and Surface Surveillance 3D Radar
- Diver Detection Sonar System (Retractable)
- IFF System (Interrogator and Transponder)
- Helicopter landing/take off Control Station
- Electronic Support & Counter Measure System
- Infrared Search and Track System
- 76 mm Fire Control System
- Fire Control Radar with 76 mm DART
- CHAFF/DECOY System
- Electro-Optical Reconnaissance and Surveillance System
- Tactical Data Link System (TADL)
- Torpedo Countermeasure System
- 1 * 76 mm Leonardo Super Rapid Gun
- 1 * 35 mm Twin Barrel CIWS (Korkut-D Aselsan)
- 2 * 25 mm Stabilized Automatic Machine Gun
- 2 * 12.7 mm Stabilized Automatic Machine Gun
- 2 * 8 VL MICA (MBDA)
- 1 * 8 SAM OTOMAT Mk2 Bl 4 (MBDA)
- 1 * Torpedo Launching System
- 1 * ASW Rocket Launching Systems
- 1 * helicopter
The Turkmen Armed Forces commissioned its first Turkmen-class corvette, the “Deniz Han” (pennant number 01), at Turkmenbashi Naval Base on 11 August 2021.
The corvette was named in honour of Deniz Khan (Tengis Khan) — one of the sons of the legendary ancestor of the Turkmens (Turks) Oguz Khan. Accordingly, in the Turkic tradition, Deniz Khan symbolizes the sovereignty and domination of the Turkic state in the seas.
Corvette (C 92) was developed to operate on different missions, mainly anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare and patrol/escort. It is suitable for helicopter operations. The hull is built from AH 36 while the superstructure is built from Marine Al alloy. The ship is 91.4 metres, the beam is 13.3 metres and the draft is 3.5 metres. The platform’s displacement is roughly 1,600 tons. The maximum speed is 26 knots and the range at economic speed is 3,000 NM. The C 92 can be operated by a crew of 100. The sensors include combat management system, 3D air and surface surveillance radar, IFF system, ESM, electronic countermeasure and CHAFF/DECOY systems.
The Deniz Han corvette is equipped with a mixture of Turkish and Italian weapons and equipment, including eight launchers of the MBDA Otomat Mk 2 anti-ship missile system, a 2x8 vertical launcher of the MBDA VL MICA short-range anti-aircraft missile system, 76-mm / 62 Leonardo rapid naval gun. Deniz Han is the first user of ASELSAN’s 35-mm twin anti-aircraft artillery system. The system is converted from Korkut system and using 35 mm Air Burst Ammunition. The ship has two 25-mm STOP and two 12.7 mm STAMP). Turkish 196 mm six-barreled Roketsan ASRLS rocket launchers. The ship has a landing area for a medium class helicopter.
With the help of the latest technology and a digital system, the electronic map can track passenger and military vessels in the Caspian Sea. This process is carried out by means of specialized radar equipment designed to monitor the coastal part of the sea, and technical complexes on board the warships of the Navy. Also, with the help of digital equipment and satellite communications, the location of ships at sea, their provision with fuel and water are established. This allows the control center to maintain constant communication with military vessels. In the management department, the collected information is accumulated and processed. The equipment installed here facilitates this work and allows quickly sending information to the destination.