- 2 * MTU diesels 16V 4000 M90 (2,720 kW each)
- 4 * Isotta Fraschini generators
- 2 * propeller shafts
- 1 * RHIB
- 1 * 3D multifunction radar KRONOS 3D NV
- 1 * Selex Athena (IPN-S) command and control system
- 1 * Selex NA-30S Radar/Electro-optical Fire control system
- 1 * Selex SIR-M IFF interrogator
- 1 * NAV-R LPI navigation system
- 1 * Medusa MK4B electro-optical director
- 2 * Rheinmetall MASS decoy launchers
- 1 * Elettronica SEAL-L ESM/ELINT system
- 1 * 76 mm Oto Melara Super Rapid main gun
- 2 * 2 SSM MBDA Exocet MM40 Block 3
- 2 * 3 SAM MBDA VL MICA
- 2 * 12.7 mm Oto Melara Hitrole-G weapon stations
Designed and built by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri, two vessels were ordered by United Arab Emirates as part of ther «Falaj 2» program — P251 «Ghantoot» and P252 «Salahah».
The specifications require a highly flexible and versatile vessel tocarry out a wide range of missions, from patrol and surveillanceoperations over attacks against targets at sea and on land, up to self-defence against threatsfrom the air or surface. A special feature of the vessels is theirstealth geometry to ensure the reduced radar detectability.
The contract provides UAE Navy with an option for another 2 ships, as well as tecnology transfer to local UAE shipbuilder. This option was not activated.