- 4 * Wärtsila 31
- 24 sea containers
- 7,600 cubic meters of diesel (including for its own use)
- 1,000 cubic meters of helicopter fuel (including for its own use)
- 226 cubic meters of drinking water
- 434 tons of other goods, including ammunition
- 2 * LCVP (Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel)
- 2 * FRISC (Fast Raiding and Intercept Craft)
- Thales NS-100 radar
- 2 * 12,7 mm Hitroles
- 1 * Goalkeeper CIWS
- 1 * 30 mm Marlin
- 2 * NH-90 helicopters
The Combat Support Ship is a new supply vessel for the Royal Netherlands Navy. The Combat Support Ship (CSS) should increase the effectiveness of naval vessels. The CSS will supply other naval vessels at sea with fuel, ammunition and goods. The tanker capacity 7700 m3 Diesel Fuel and 1000 m3 Aviation Fuel. It will be equipped with two replenishment at sea stations and feature a helicopter deck and hangar for flight operations. There is space for sea containers on the upper deck. For boarding and rescue operations and passenger transport, there are two RHIB motorboats on board.
The new tanker will be operational for the navy from 2023 and will be built by Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding. An in the second quarter of 2025, the Combat Support Ship must be operable. The size of the total project budget is 375 million euros.