- 4 * diesel SEMT Pielstick 12PA6V280 STC2, 21,000 hp (16,000 kW)
- On sensitive areas (munition magazine and control centre)
- 1 * Air/Surface DRBV 15C sentry radar
- 1 * firing control radar for the 100 mm gun
- 1 * DRBN34 navigation radar
- 1 * DRBN34 landing radar
- KingKlip Mk2 hull-mounted sonar (incorporated during 2020-21 refit)
- 1 * Saigon ARBG 1 radio interceptor
- 1 * ARBR 21 radar interceptor
- 2 * Dagaie Mk2 chaff launcher
- 1 * AN/SLQ-25 Nixie tugged noise maker
- 1 * Prairie-Masker noise reduction system
- 1 * Syracuse II
- 1 * Inmarsat
- 8 * Exocet MM40 Block 3C anti-ship missiles (upgraded from Block II variant during 2020/21 refit)
- 1 * 100 mm TR automatic gun
- 2 * 20 mm modèle F2 guns
- 2 * 6 SADRAL launchers/MISTRAL Mk3 SAMs/SSMs (replaced previous Crotale SAM during 2020-21 refit)
- 1 * helicopter (Panther or NH90)
Courbet is a general purpose stealth frigate of the French Navy (Marine Nationale) of the La Fayette class. She is the third French vessel named after the 19th century admiral Amédée Courbet.
Courbet was the first ship of her class to begin a mid-life upgrade in October 2020. The upgrade is designed to permit the frigate to operate through the 2020s and into the 2030s and incorporates the addition of hull-mounted sonar, improved point air defence systems as well as the latest variant of the Exocet anti-ship missile. The frigate returned to sea in June 2021 following her upgrade. She is projected to remain in service until 2032.
In future it is also planned to incorporate the CANTO anti-torpedo countermeasures system in the frigate.