- 2 * Rolls-Royce MT30 36 MW (48,000 hp) gas turbines
- 2 * Colt-Pielstick diesel engines
- 4 * Rolls-Royce waterjets
- 4 * Isotta Fraschini V1708 diesel engines with Hitzinger generator units rated at 800 kW each
- 11 m (36 ft) Rigid-hulled inflatable boat
- 12 m (40 ft) high-speed boats
- NETFIRES PAM missile in the ASuW module
- 1 * BAE Systems Mk 110 57 mm gun
- 1 * RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missiles
- Honeywell Mk 50 Torpedo
- 4 * .50-cal guns
USS Detroit (LCS-7) is the fourth Freedom-class littoral combat ship of the United States Navy. The ceremonial “laying of the keel” was in early November 2012 at the Marinette Marine shipyards in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship was launched on 18 October 2014.
The US Navy accepted Detroit into service on 12 August 2016; the ship was commissioned on 22 October 2016. She is assigned to Littoral Combat Ship Squadron TWO.
Detroit is the sixth ship to be named after the city of Detroit, Michigan.