- 2 * General Electric LM2500-30 gas turbines generating 41,000 shp (31 MW) through a single shaft and variable pitch propeller
- 2 * Auxiliary Propulsion Units, 350 hp (260 kW) retractable electric azimuth thrusters for manoeuvring and docking
- AN/SPS-49 air-search radar
- AN/SPS-55 surface-search radar
- CAS and STIR fire-control radar
- AN/SQS-56 sonar
- 1 * OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun
- 2 * Mk 32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes
- 1 * Vulcan Phalanx CIWS
- 4 * .50-cal (12.7 mm) machine guns.
- 1 * Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher for Harpoon anti-ship missiles and SM-1MR Standard anti-ship/air missiles (40 round magazine)
- 1 * SH-60 LAMPS III helicopter
USS Rentz (FFG-46) was a United States Navy Oliver Hazard Perry-class guided missile frigate. She was named for George S. Rentz, a World War II Navy Chaplain, posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for actions following the loss of USS Houston in the Battle of Sunda Strait. He was the only Navy chaplain to be so honored during World War II. She was the frigate long-hull variant (Flight II).