- 4 * MTU 8000 20V M70 diesel engines, 8.2 MW each
- 2 * shafts
- 1 * Thales Nederland SMART-L long-range air and surface surveillance radar
- 1 * Thales Nederland APAR air and surface search, tracking and guidance radar (I band)
- 1 * Terma SCANTER 6000 surveillance and helicopter guidance radar
- Atlas ASO 94 hull mounted sonar
- 2 * Saab CEROS 200 fire control radars
- ES-3701 Tactical Radar Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
- 8 * 6-barrelled Terma MK 137 130 mm decoy launchers
- Seagnat Mark 36 SRBOC
- 32 * Mk 41 VLS with up to 32 SM-2 IIIA surface-to-air missiles
- 24 * Mk 56 VLS with up to 24 RIM-162 ESSM
- 8–16 * Harpoon Block II SSM
- 1 * Oerlikon Millennium 35 mm Naval Revolver Gun System CIWS
- 2 * OTO Melara 76 mm
- 2 * dual MU90 Impact ASW torpedo launchers
- 1 * MH-60R
HDMS Peter Willemoes (F362) is a Iver Huitfeldt-class frigate in the Royal Danish Navy. The class is built on the experience gained from the Absalon-class support ships, and by reusing the basic hull design of the Absalon class the Royal Danish Navy have been able to construct the Iver Huitfeldt class considerably cheaper than comparable ships.
The frigates are compatible with the Danish Navy's StanFlex modular mission payload system used in the Absalons, and are designed with slots for six modules. Each of the four stanflex positions on the missile deck is able to accommodate either the Mark 141 8-cell Harpoon launcher module, or the 12-cell Mark 56 ESSM VLS. The Peter Willemoes passed the British Flag Officer Sea Training test in 2015.
While the Absalon-class ships are primarily designed for command and support roles, with a large ro-ro deck, the three new Iver Huitfeldt-class frigates will be equipped for an air defence role with Standard Missiles, and the potential to use Tomahawk cruise missiles, a first for the Danish Navy.
The ships were constructed in blocks in Estonia and Lithuania. These blocks were then towed to the Odense Steel Shipyard where they were assembled.
She was laid down on 12 March 2009 and launched on 21 December 2010 by Odense Steel Shipyard, Odense. Commissioned on 21 June 2011.
On 18 February 2017, she came alongside USS George H.W. Bush as the aircraft carrier was replenishing with USNS Supply. Peter Willemoes transits the Gulf of Aden while on patrol on 24 April 2019.