Daniel Webster (1782-1852), an American statesman.
Country of build:
Converted to a moored training ship (MTS) and S5W reactor prototype training facility, by the Charleston Naval Shipyard at Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1 * S5W PWR nuclear reactor
- 2 * geared steam turbines (15,000 shp (11,000 kW))
- 1 * shaft
- BQS-4 sonar
- BQR-7 passive detecting-ranging sonar
- BQR-19 navigation
- BQR-15 Signal Processing and Display (SPAD) towed array
- SINS Mk2 ship's inertial navigation system
- 16 * Polaris A2/A3 or Poseidon C3 missiles
- 4 * 21 inch (533 mm) Mark 65 torpedo tubes with Mark 113 firecontrol system (12 * Mark 48 torpedoes)
USS Daniel Webster (SSBN-626), a Lafayette-class ballistic missile submarine (FBM), was the only ship of the United States Navy to be named for Senator Daniel Webster.