Country of build:
3500 nautical miles
Boats & landing craft:
- 1 * RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat)
- Thesan mine avoidance sonar
- Kronos main radar system
- Athena combat system
- 4 * Sylena Mk2 decoy launchers
- 1 * OTO Melara 76 mm
- 16 * Aster 30 Block 1NT surface-to-air missiles
- 8 * Exocet MM40 Block 3 anti-ship missiles
- 2 * 2 Marlins remote weapons
- 1 * RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile
- 1 * NHIndustries NH90
Damsah (F102) is the second ship of the Doha-class corvettes built for the Qatari Emiri Navy.
Fincantieri showcased for the first time the multi-role air defence corvettes for the Qatari Emiri Navy during DIMDEX 2018. In August 2017, Qatar officially announced for the order of the 4 ships of the class after signing the contract in June 2016.
They are able to operate high speed boats such as rigid-hulled inflatable boats with the help of lateral cranes and hauling ramps. All four of the Doha class will serve as the backbone of the Qatari Emiri Navy.
Damsah was launched on 13 February 2021 at Fincantieri shipyard in Muggiano, Italy.
No comments yet
Log in or Register to write comments