- 2 * Caterpillar 3516C diesels
- 2 * 2000 kW and 1600 rpm
- 2 * shafts
- 1 * Work Ribs (WRH635FRB)
- Communication system:
- VHF/DSC Radios, MF/HF DSC
- Radios, VHF Aeroband Radio,
- UHF Military Radio, Inmarsat C,
- SatCom,HF and VHF Radio
- Direction Finder
- X-Band Radar, Electronic Chart
- System, DGPS, Gyrocompass,
- Autopilot, Depth Sounder
- Space and weight reservation for a 30mm main gun
- Port and Starboard mounts for 0.50 calibre GPMG
HMPNGS Francis Agwi (P403) is the third Guardian class patrol vessel to be delivered to the Papau New Guinea Defence Force. Australia designed and will provided four Pacific Forum patrol vessels to Papua New Guinea in 1987 and 1988, and in 2015 confirmed she would be replacing those vessels with four larger, and more capable, Guardian-class vessels.
The vessel are 39.5 metres (130 ft) long, can travel 3000 nautical miles at 12 knots. Maximum speed is 20 knots. Design allows to mount a pair of heavy machine guns, on either flank, and possibly an autocannon of up to 30mm, on the foredeck.
The Francis Agwi was completed on October 22, 2021, and handed over to PNG crew. The Francis Agwi arrived in Port Moresby, her homeport, on December 1, 2021.