- 4 * MTU 20V 1163 M94, each rated at 7,400 kW (9,925 shp)
- Total output: 29,600 kW (39,694 shp)
- Combat System: DCNS SETIS
- Search radar: Thales SMART-S Mk2
- Fire control radar: Rheinmetall TMEO Mk2 electro-optical tracking system & TMX/EO Mk2
- Sonar: Thales CAPTAS-2 ASW suite with hull sonar & towed array sonar
- Thales Vigile ESM
- Wallop/Esterline Super Barricade decoy system
- 1 * Bofors 57 mm gun
- 2 * MSI DS30M 30 mm cannon
- 16 * VL Mica (planned) in Sylver VLS
- 8 * Naval Strike Missile SSM
- 2 * triple torpedo launcher
- Various types of UAVs and helicopter, weighing up to 10 tons
KD Maharaja Lela is the lead ship of Maharaja Lela-class frigate built locally by Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation (BHIC) based on DCNS's Gowind-class design. She is named after Maharaja Lela, in honour of the Perak chieftain and British colonialism resistance leader, Dato Maharaja Lela.
Under a contract valued of RM9 billion, BHIC was contracted to built a total of six class of this ship for RMN. Each of the ships are equipped with warfare capabilities for electronic, air, surface and underwater threats, integrated with state-of-the-art systems. Maharaja Lela was launched on 24 August 2017 by Queen of Perak, Tuanku Zara Salim, witnessed by Sultan of Perak Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah at the BHIC Shipyard in Lumut, Perak.