- Diesel 3005 kW Electric 3810 kW
- Mechanical: 4 * diesel engines
- Electric: 1 * main electric motor
- 1 propeller
- Long-range passive
- Active sonar
- 6 * 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes for 18 Whitehead Alenia Sistemi Subacquei Black Shark heavyweight torpedoes
- 4 * SM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles
- 30 * mines in place of torpedoes
Carrera (SS 22) is a Scorpène-class submarine built for the Chilean Navy by DCNS in Cherbourg and Navantia in Cartagena, Spain.
Carrera is the second of two units, behind O'Higgins (SS 23) built to replace the old Oberon-class submarines that served in the Chilean Navy for 30 years. It is currently serving in the Submarine Force with a base port in Talcahuano.