John Fitzgerald Kennedy (May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963), often referred to by initials JFK and Jack, was an American politician who served as the 35th president of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963.
Country of build:
builder: Huntington Ingalls Industries
- 2 * Westinghouse A1B nuclear reactors
- 4 * steam turbines
- 4 * shafts
- AN/SPY-3 X Band multifunction radar
- AN/SPY-4 S Band volume search radar
- DDG 1000 Dual Band Radar (DBR)
- 2 * RIM-162 Evolved SeaSparrow Missile
- 2 * RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile
- 3 * PHALANX CIWS (Close-In Weapons System) Gatling guns
- 4 * M2 .50 cal (12.7 mm) machine guns
90 fixed wing and helicopters
USS John F. Kennedy (CVN-79) is the second Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier being built for the United States Navy.