- 2 * MAN Diesel 12V 32/40 diesel-engines, 5340 kW each
- 2 * reduction gears, 2 * controllable pitch four-bladed propellers
- 1 * bow thruster
- 4 * 1200 kW diesel generators
Бойові сили та засоби
- 4 * MLG 27 mm autocannons
- Stinger surface-to-air missile (MANPADS)
- 2 * Sea King or NH90 helicopters
- hangar and flight deck
The Type 702 Berlin-class replenishment ship is a series of multi-product replenishment oilers, originally designed and built for service in the German Navy (Deutsche Marine). Besides the three ships built for German Navy, the design has been selected as the design for the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) as a replacement for the two Protecteur-class auxiliary oiler replenishment (AOR) vessels retired in 2014.
For military medical support as a hospital ship, Berlin-class replenishment ship can be equipped with a so-called Marine Rescue Center (MERZ). The MERZ system consists of a network of 26 ISO special containers, which form a two-storey deckhouse and are connected to the on-board supply network. The containers contain examination rooms, operating rooms, diagnostic and therapeutic facilities as well as laboratories. A bedside under-deck instead of a hold is designed for the care of 45 patients.