- K15 pressurized water reactor (15 MW (20,000 hp))
- turboreductor system
- two diesel-powered generators SEMT Pielstick 8PA4V200 SM (700 kW (940 hp)) auxiliaries.
- 30,500 kW (40,900 hp)
Боевые силы и средства
- Sonar DMUX 80
- Sonar DUUX 5
- Sonar DSUV 61B Very Low Frequency
- Racal Decca radar (navigation)
- SCC: SET (Système d'exploitation Tactique): tactical operational system
- ARUR 13
- Nuclear: 16 * M45 or M51 missiles with TN 75 warheads
- 4 * 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes for 10 * F17 torpedoes and 8 * Exocet SM39 anti-ship missiles, launchable while submerged
The Triomphant class of ballistic missile submarines of the French Navy is the active lead boat class of four boats that entered service in 1997, 1999, 2004, and 2010. These four supersede the older Redoutable class, and they provide the ocean-based component (the Force océanique stratégique) of France's nuclear deterrent strike force, the Force de Frappe. These ships are the most expensive submarines ever produced costing more than €9 billion. Their home port is Île Longue, Brest, Western Brittany.