- 4 MTU 16V 956 TB91 diesel-engines (13235 kW / 17740 hp)
- 4 shafts / 4 propellers
Боевые силы и средства
- MSSR 2000I Radar
- Thales WM27 fire-control radar
- MSP500 electro-optical sensor
- HOT DOG decoy launcher
- DAG2200 WOLKE chaff launcher
- FL1800 ESM suite
- 1 * Oto Melara Compact 76 mm gun
- 4 * MM38 Exocet anti-ship missiles
- 1 * Mk49 launcher for RAM missiles, 21 cells
- 2 * MG50-1 machine guns
- Mine laying capability
The Type 143A Gepard class was a class of missile bearing fast attack craft (German: Schnellboot) and the last one in service with the German Navy before the remaining four operational ships were decommissioned on 16 November 2016. The Ghana Navy operates two such ships.
It is an evolution of the Albatros class, the main difference being the replacement of the second 76 mm gun by the RAM system. The Gepard-class vessels were gradually supplemented by Braunschweig-class corvettes and later replaced completely by them.