- 1 * Rolls-Royce MT30 gas turbine
- 4 * MTU 12V 4000 M53B diesel engine
- 2 * Leonardo DRS electric motors
Боевые силы и средства
- SPS-550K air search 3D radar
- SPG-540K fire control radar
- SQS-240K hull-mounted sonar
- SQR-250K towed array sonar system
- SAQ-540K EOTS
- Hanwha Systems SAQ-600K IRSTs
- Naval Shield Integrated Combat Management System
- LIG Nex1 SLQ-200(V)K Sonata electronic warfare suite
- SLQ-261K torpedo acoustic counter measures
- MASS decoy launchers
- 1 * 5 inch (127 mm)/L62 caliber Mk 45 Mod 4 naval gun
- 1 * 20 mm Phalanx CIWS
- 2 * triple torpedo tubes for K745 Blue Shark torpedo
- 8 * SSM-700K Haeseong Anti-ship Missile
- 16-cell K-VLS for:
- Haegung K-SAAM quadpacked in 4 per cell
- Haeryong VL-Tactical Land Attack Missiles
- K-ASROC Red Shark
- Super Lynx or AW159 helicopter
The Daegu-class frigate is a class of guided missile frigates of the Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN). The Daegu-class is based on the preceding Incheon-class frigate, and has otherwise been referred to an Incheon-class batch II, or FFG-II. Eight Daegu-class ships are planned, with the final goal of 20-22 frigates (of all types) in the ROKN. The Daegu-class frigates are to be built by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) and Hyundai Heavy Industries.
The Daegu-class is an improved variant of the Incheon-class frigate. Modifications to the Incheon-class include a TB-250K towed array sonar system and a 16-cell Korean Vertical Launching System (K-VLS) that is able to deploy the K-SAAM, Hong Sang Eo anti-submarine missile, and Haeryong tactical land attack cruise missiles.
The hull design is generally based on the one of the Incheon-class. However, as a part of weapon system modifications, the superstructure has been significantly changed. The hangar and a hellicopter deck on stern has been enlarged to support the operation of a 10-ton helicopter.
The Daegu-class is the first Korean warship to be equipped with a combined diesel-electric or gas (CODLOG) propulsion system. The propulsion system of the ROKN ships have a gas turbine direct drive and four high speed diesel generators driving two Leonardo DRS permanent magnet electric motors. The Rolls Royce MT30 turbine engine replaces the twin gas turbine layout of the Incheon-class frigates.