- 2 * Westinghouse A4W nuclear reactors
- 4 * steam turbines
- 4 * shafts
- 260,000 shp (194 MW)
Бойові сили та засоби
- AN/SPS-48E 3-D air search radar
- AN/SPS-49(V)5 2-D air search radar
- AN/SPQ-9B target acquisition radar
- AN/SPN-46 air traffic control radars
- AN/SPN-43C air traffic control radar
- AN/SPN-41 landing aid radars
- 4 * Mk 91 NSSM guidance systems
- 4 * Mk 95 radars
- AN/SLQ-32A(V)4 Countermeasures suite
- SLQ-25A Nixie Torpedo Countermeasures
- 2 * Sea Sparrow
- 2 * RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile
- 3 * PHALANX CIWS (Close-In Weapons System) Gatling guns
- 10 * .50 cal turret emplacements
90 fixed wing and helicopters
USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) is the eighth Nimitz-class aircraft carrier of the United States Navy, named after the 33rd President of the United States, Harry S. Truman. The ship's callsign is Lone Warrior, and she is currently homeported at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.
Harry S. Truman was launched on 7 September 1996 by Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, Virginia, and commissioned on 25 July 1998 with Captain Thomas Otterbein in command. President Bill Clinton was the keynote speaker, and other notable attendees and speakers included Missouri Representative Ike Skelton, Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan, Secretary of Defense William Cohen and Secretary of the Navy John H. Dalton.
Harry S. Truman was initially the flagship of Carrier Group Two and, beginning 1 October 2004, of Carrier Strike Group Ten.
Beginning in 2001, the Harry S. Truman Carrier Battle Group participated in Operation Joint Endeavor, Operation Deny Flight, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Enduring Freedom – Afghanistan, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Summer Pulse '04, and NATO Operation Medshark/Majestic Eagle '04.
In the first half of 2016, Harry S. Truman, as flagship of Carrier Strike Group 8, carried out an 8-month air operation deployment against ISIL from the Eastern Mediterranean as part of Operation Inherent Resolve. The ship has been the flagship of Carrier Strike Group 8 since June 2014.