- 4 * diesel engines
- 3 * controllable-pitch propellers
Бойові сили та засоби
- craft carried
- 4 * landing craft, vehicle, personnel (LCVPs)
- 3 * self-propelled pontoons
- Thales Smart-S Mk2 air and surface surveillance radar
- Aselsan Alper
- LPI X-Band naval radar
- 2 * Sperry Marine VisionMaster FT S-band navigation radars
- Electronic warfare & decoys:
- Mark 36 SRBOC
- 2 * Ultra Electronics Sea Sentor
- Surface Ship Torpedo Defence (SSTD) systems
- Aselsan Laser Warning Receiver (LIAS)
- Selex Silent Acquisition and Surveillance System (SASS)
- 2 * Aselsan ASELFLIR-300D multisensor electro-optical Advanced Targeting Systems
- Aselsan ARES-2N ECM suite
- 2 * bow mounted Leonardo's (former Oto Melara) Fast Forty 40 mm gun
- 2 * 20 mm Phalanx CIWS Block 1B Baseline 2 rapid-fire cannon
- 2 * ASELSAN STAMP 12.7 mm RWS
- Large landing spot for a heavy helicopter, no hangar
In May 2014, the first steel was cut for the lead vessel in class, TCG Bayraktar (L 402). The LST was launched in October 2015 and was commissioned to the navy in 2017.
The LST TCG Bayraktar (L 402) has an overall length of 138.75 metres (455 ft 3 in), a beam of 19.60 metres (64 ft 4 in) and a draught of less than 2 metres (6 ft 7 in) forward and less than 5 metres (16 ft 5 in) aft when fully loaded. The displacement of the vessel is 7,125 long tons (7,239 t) and the load carrying capacity is 1,180 long tons (1,200 t), including a mix of vehicles or cargo on open decks.
The LST have a ship's company of 12 officers, 51 petty officers and 66 ratings, as well as 17 officers and 350 marines from the Joint Group Headquarters.
The LSTs TCG Bayraktar (L 402) armed with two OTO Melara 40 mm Fast Forty single naval gun mounts, two Mk 15 Phalanx close-in weapon systems (CIWS), and two machine guns on remotely controlled stabilised mounts. The amphibious ships feature a Smart Mk2 3D air/surface search radar, AselFLIR 300D EO director, torpedo countermeasures systems and a laser warning receiver. The sensors and weapons aboard the vessel will be controlled by Genesis CMS.
The ship powered by four 2,880 kW (3,860 hp) main diesel engines, driving two controllable pitch propellers through twin shafts. The ship also integrate a 500 kW (670 hp) bow thruster and four 785 kW (1,053 hp) diesel generators with a power management system (PMS). The propulsion system provides a maximum continuous speed of more than 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph) at full load displacement.
The Landing ship tank TCG Bayraktar (L 402) are primarily intended for amphibious missions and transportation of troops and equipment, while their secondary missions include humanitarian aid, disaster relief, medical assistance and transportation.