- 4 * Colt Industries, 16-cylinder diesel engines
- 2 * shafts
- 33,000 shp (25 MW)
Бойові сили та засоби
- 4 * LCACs (Landing Craft Air Cushion)
- or 21 * LCM-6 (landing craft mechanized)
- or up to 36 * AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicles)
- or 3 * LCUs (Landing Craft Utility)
- 1 * LCM-6
- 2 * LCPL (Landing Craft Personnel (Large))
- 1 * LCVP (Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel)
- 2 * 25 mm Mk 38 cannons
- 2 * 20 mm Phalanx CIWS mounts
- 2 * Rolling Airframe Missile
- 6 * .50 caliber M2HB machine guns
- Large helicopter platform aft
- No hangar
USS Comstock (LSD-45) is a Whidbey Island-class dock landing ship of the United States Navy. She was the second Navy ship to be named for the Comstock Lode in Nevada, the first being the USS Comstock, commissioned in 1945 and decommissioned in 1976. The Comstock Lode was discovered in 1859, and was one of the richest deposits of precious metals known in the world.
Comstock was laid down on 27 October 1986, by the Avondale Shipyards, New Orleans, La.; launched on 15 January 1988; and commissioned on 3 February 1990, under the command of CDR. R. H. Howe, USN. At first the USS Comstock had an all-male crew, but soon became the first United States Navy combatant ship to have a fully integrated crew of male and female sailors.
As of 2002, Comstock is homeported at NS San Diego, California, and assigned to Expeditionary Strike Group 3. As of 2014, she is part of the Makin Island amphibious ready group.