- 2 * Caterpillar 3516C diesels
- 2 * 2000 kW and 1600 rpm
- 2 * shafts
Боевые силы и средства
- 1 * Work Ribs (WRH635FRB)
- Communication system:
- VHF/DSC Radios, MF/HF DSC
- Radios, VHF Aeroband Radio,
- UHF Military Radio, Inmarsat C,
- SatCom,HF and VHF Radio
- Direction Finder
- X-Band Radar, Electronic Chart
- System, DGPS, Gyrocompass,
- Autopilot, Depth Sounder
- Space and weight reservation for a 30mm main gun
- Port and Starboard mounts for 0.50 calibre GPMG
RSIPV Gizo (05) is the fifth Guardian-class patrol boat to be completed. Australian officials officially handed her over to representatives of the Solomon Islands on November 8, 2019, in Henderson, Western Australia.
She is the first of two Guardian-class vessels Australia will provide to the Solomon Islands, and she will replace RSIPV Lata.
Gizo was officially commissioned on December 19, 2019. VIPs attending the commissioning included Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare, Minister of Police, National Security and Correctional Services Anthony Veke and Australian High Commissioner Sally Anne Vincent. Acting Police Commissioner Mostyn Mangau called Gizo «the pride of the fleet».
Gizo was joined by HMAS Maryborough on her maiden voyage. The crews of the two vessels conducted joint training exercises on the voyage.