- 2 * General Electric LM2500-30 gas turbines generating 41,000 shp (31 MW) through a single shaft and variable pitch propeller
- 2 * Auxiliary Propulsion Units, 350 hp (260 kW) retractable electric azimuth thrusters for manoeuvring and docking
- AN/SPS-49 air-search radar
- AN/SPS-55 surface-search radar
- CAS and STIR fire-control radar
- AN/SQS-56 sonar
- 1 * OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun
- 2 * Mk 32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes
- 1 * Vulcan Phalanx CIWS
- 4 * .50-cal (12.7 mm) machine guns.
- 1 * Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher for Harpoon anti-ship missiles and SM-1MR Standard anti-ship/air missiles (40 round magazine)
- 2 * SH-60 LAMPS III helicopter
USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG-58) is one of the final ships in the United States Navy's Oliver Hazard Perry-class of guided missile frigates (FFG). Commissioned in 1986, the ship was severely damaged by an Iranian mine in 1988, leading U.S. forces to respond with Operation Praying Mantis. Repaired and returned to duty, the ship served until decommissioned in 2015. She was the frigate long-hull variant (Flight II).