- 2 * General Electric LM2500-30 gas turbines generating 41,000 shp (31 MW) through a single shaft and variable pitch propeller
- 2 * Auxiliary Propulsion Units, 350 hp (260 kW) retractable electric azimuth thrusters for manoeuvring and docking
- AN/SPS-49 air-search radar
- AN/SPS-55 surface-search radar
- CAS and STIR fire-control radar
- AN/SQS-56 sonar
- 1 * OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun
- 2 * Mk 32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes
- 1 * Vulcan Phalanx CIWS
- 4 * .50-cal (12.7 mm) machine guns.
- 1 * Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher for Harpoon anti-ship missiles and SM-1MR Standard anti-ship/air missiles (40 round magazine)
- 2 * SH-60 LAMPS III helicopter
USS Elrod (FFG-55), an Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate, is a ship of the United States Navy named after Captain Henry T. Elrod (1905–1941), a Marine aviator who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroism in the defense of Wake Island in World War II.
The ship was originally home ported in Charleston, SC and shifted to Norfolk, VA in March 1995. Elrod completed five deployments to the Persian Gulf, three to the Mediterranean Sea, and one to the Adriatic Sea, and has participated in numerous operations in the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and the Caribbean Sea. She was the frigate long-hull variant (Flight II).