Similar to the Valour class, the MEKO A-200 AN seems to be fitted with the unusual CODAG-WARP system (COmbined Diesel And Gas turbine-WAter jet and Refined Propellers) which consists in a water-jet drive, in addition to two propellers.
- SAAB Sea Giraffe AMB 3-D surveillance radar
- ATLAS ASO hull mounted sonar
- SAAB CEROS 200 optronic/fire control radar
- 4 * Rheinmetall MASS decoy launchers
- 2 * WASS/Finmeccanica MORPHEUS acoustic countermeasures launching systems (on each side of the VLS cells. Navy Recognition originally though these were SAGEM NGDS decoy launchers but a TKMS representative confirmed this actually is a WASS system.)
- 16 * SAAB RBS 15 Mk3 anti-ship missiles
- 32 * VLS for Denel Umkhonto-IR surface to air missiles
- 1 * Oto Melara 127/64 LW 127 mm main gun (possibly with VULCANO ammunition)
- 2 * MSI 30 mm guns (possibly SEAHAWK A2 model)
- 2 * MU90 torpedo launchers
Two MEKO A-200AN frigates, Erradii, and El Moudamir, were built for the Algerian Navy by ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems, in a further development of the Valour-class design.
El Radii was the first German built MEKO A-200AN frigate commissioned with the Algerian Navy.According to a scale model of the MEKO A-200AN frigate on display on the CMN/Privinvest booth during Euronaval 2014.